Myhelp-Yourhelp Foundation is a group of young working professionals who have come together to pool resources together aimed at alleviating the plight of the poor, the needy and the less privileged in society.
They do these by mobilizing resources both internally from members and externally from benevolent organizations and individuals. They all believe that “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”. – Mahatma Ghandi.
The foundation has successfully undertaken 10 major projects since inception; 5 orphanage projects and 5 other projects.
The five orphanage projects include donations to:
1. The Eye of the Lord Orphanage at Nsawam on March 31, 2018 – Eastern Region
2. City of Refuge Orphanage at Shai Hills on December 22, 2018 – Eastern Region
3. Porters Village Orphanage at Dodowa on April 19, 2019 – Eastern Region
4. Royal Seed Orphanage at Bawjiase – Central Region on December 21, 2019
5. Nector Foundation at Lower Manyo Krobo on May 1, 2020 – Eastern Region – Eastern Region
The five other projects include
1. Free Health screening at Junction Mall in 2019
2. COVID-19 donation at Gallery Slum Area, Accra on April 12, 2020 – a partnership with Axis Pension Trust
3. Face mask distribution at Chorkor and Jamestown on August 8, 2020 – a partnership with Give Me Hope Foundation
4. Feeding of street kids from 37 hospital to Shiashi on September 11, 2020 – a partnership with Reggie Rockstone (Rockswaakye)
5. Love Feast Project at Takyikrom on December 19, 2020 – Eastern Region
In line with their 3rd Anniversary, they chose to move to Osamkrom to support the prisoners. Their motivation was based on Biblical inference on the following scripture.
“Continue to remember those in prison as if you were there with them in prison”.
b. Isaiah 61:1
“The spirit of the lord God is upon me, because the lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings onto the meek, he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
The theme of the project was “Behind Bars but not Bound”.
Shedding more light on the theme, the President and Founder of Myhelp-Yourhelp Foundation, Mr. Nicholas Cofie expressed his sentiments on the fact that; There is a misconception that, everyone in prison is guilty of a particular crime.
The truth is that some prisoners are innocent. Even if they are guilty of a crime, there is the need to show them the love of God and bring them the saving knowledge of Christ. Crime knows no age and most of the cases in prison are because of lack of anger management. Anyone could find himself there.
Source: Ghana Web