Agona Duakwa (C\R), Two school children, aged between two and five, on Saturday afternoon met their untimely death when they were electrocuted by a metal television pole at Agona Duakwa Zongo.
They were Master Bright Kwesi Nyanful who was in nursery two and Master Kelvin Boakye, a Kindergarten two pupil of Agona Duakwa Islamic Primary School.
The kids were playing together at the back of a house when the incident occurred.
Police Chief Inspector Kyei- Baffour, Agona Duakwa Station Officer who disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) said the police had information that two school kids have been killed by the TV pole.
According to Chief Inspector Kyei- Baffour, when the kids were found lying down under the TV pole unconscious, some residents rushed them to the Agona Duakwa Salvation Army Clinic for treatment.
Chief Inspector Kyei- Baffour said unfortunately the kids were pronounced dead on arrival by Dr Isaac Adomako, Medical Officer of the Agona Duakwa Salvation Army Clinic.
The Station Officer said the Police investigations were still on-going.
Chief Inspector Kyei- Baffour said when the television pole was tested by the electrician it came to light that there was electricity power in it and this compelled them to switch off the main electricity meter in the house to avoid further disaster.
When Dr Adomako was contacted by GNA he confirmed that the children were brought in dead and the necessary documentations had been done and their bodies handed over to the Agona Duakwa Police for further investigations.
Dr Adomako said the Police would go to the Magistrate Court at Agona Swedru for a Coronal report to enable the Police perform autopsy on the bodies since the clinic cannot proved what might have caused the death.
The officials of the Agona East District of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) have also visited the scene.
Mr Dennis Armah-Frempong, Agona East District Chief Executive (DCE) with a delegation had earlier visited the bereaved families to encourage and condolences them.
The DCE assured the bereaved families that they would be assisted to a befitting burial to the departed the children.
Meanwhile, the bodies of Master Bright Kwesi Nyanful and Master Kelvin Boakye have been deposited at the Agona Swedru Municipal Government Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Source: Ghana News Agency