Tagoe is ready to defend title against Saucedo – Anim Addo

Accra, The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BabyJet Promotions, Mr. Samuel Anim Addo has said that International Boxing Orgaisation( IBO) Lightweight champion Emmanuel Game Boy Tagoe is ready to defend his title against Argentine boxer Fernando David Saucedo on Saturday, January 27 at the Bukom Boxing Arena in Accra.

The bout dubbed Defend to Glory will be Tagoe’s first defense of his IBO Lightweight belt he won in 2016 against South Africa’s Mzonke Fana.

Since then, the 31 year old has been out of action due to injury and late withdrawals of his opponents.

According to Mr. Anim Addo, Game boy who holds ((27-1 13 KOs) has recovered from his injury and has been training intensely to defend his title against the Argentine Saucedo (61-6, 10 KOs).

At a Press Conference at the Multichoice head office in Accra, Mr. Anim pointed out that, Tagoe’s long stay off from the sport will not affect his upcoming fight saying this happens in boxing. He is fit and well -conditioned for the bout.

We are confident he will defend the title. Saucedo is a tough boxer but Gameboy is training very hard and he is poised to make a defense of the belt. We are also looking at making a mandatory defense of the title this year but our main agenda is to unify the division”.

Mr. Anim Addo mentioned that their main target for 2018 is for Tagoe to clinch either the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and World Boxing Authority (WBA) titles.

On his part, BabyJet Promotions would use over $200,000 to stage the fight with performances from Ghanaian musicians Mzvee, Kwame Eugene and Kidi.

The upcoming fight between Emmanuel Tagoe and David Saucedo would cost Baby Jet Promotions over $200,000 which would include air ticket covering Saucedo and his team, his purse, hotel bills, and also air ticket for the IBO officials. He said.

Mr. Anim Addo said that they are prepared and committed to delivering a world class World title to Ghanaians as promised and urged all corporate sponsors, partners, celebrities and media houses to continue their unflinching support to ensure the bout is successful.

Mr. Anim Addo also announced that the undercard of the Tagoe-Saucedo bill includes a 10-round WBO Africa Welterweight Championship between Dodzi Kemeh and hard-hitting Tanzanian Mwinyi Mzengera, Daniel Lartey will engage Daniel Aduku over 12 rounds for the National Super Welterweight Title Championship while Albert Mensah faces Charles Tetteh over eight rounds in the Welterweight contest.

The rest are Michael Pappoe will face Enoch Lamptey while Theophilus Tetteh will engage a yet to be named opponent in a six-round Super Bantamweight contest.

The bout is in collaboration with Box Office Sports Promotions with support from Multichoice Ghana.

The PRO Communications Manager of Multichoice Mr. Nii Amah Dagadu reaffirmed his outfit’s commitment to the development of sport and added that, the bout will be live on DSTV and Gotv across Africa.

According to the 2nd Vice President of the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA) Ibrahim Nii Quaye, the bout is sanctioned by the GBA.

Source: Ghana News Agency

   

Related Posts