Securityman remanded over Defilement

Accra, A 37-year-old securityman accused of defiling a 13-year-old girl at Nungua has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court charged with defilement.

Richard Kweku Siayor has denied the offence.

The court presided over by Mrs Abena Oppong Adjin-Doku remanded Siayor into Police custody to reappear on April 27.

Prosecuting Detective Inspector Kofi Atimbire said the accused person resides in the same vicinity with the complainant and the victim at Nungua.

According to the prosecutor, the complainant operates a drinking bar hence got to know the victim at the bar.

Last year, the accused person met the victim who was on her way to choir rehearsals and lured her into an uncompleted building under the pretext of giving her empty beer bottles to be given to her father but defiled her.

After the act, the accused person warned the victim not tell anyone.

In March this year, the accused person for the second time lured the victim into another uncompleted house and had sex with her. Siayor warned the victim again not to tell anyone about the second act.

Prosecution said about three weeks ago, the complainant was educating the victim and other siblings on sexual matters, the victim then informed her father about the accused.

A report was made to the Domestic Violence and Victim’s Support Unit, Nungua and a medical report form was issued to the complainant to send the victim to a medical facility to be examined.

The accused was later arrested.

Source: Ghana News Agency

   

Related Posts