Judicial Service staff bounce back in court

Accra- The Judicial Service staff on Friday, November 15, returned to work after a two-day strike.

This was after Mr Alex Nartey, the President of the Judicial Service Association of Ghana (JUSAG) issued a press statement the previous day to suspend the strike action.

He said the abrogation of the action was on the premise that the leadership of both JUSAG and Management of the Judicial Service met on the issues that necessitated the action.

The President said Justice Jones Victor Dotse, the Acting Chief Justice had approved that matters raised at the meeting would be forwarded to the Judicial Council.

Visits at the various courts in Accra by the Ghana News Agency (GNA) saw most staff at post and the courts back to normal.

Lawyers, litigants and other court users were there to patronise the court’s services.

As usual, cases were called with a number of them adjourned, but the place looked a little bit deserted because some people did not know service had resumed.

Mr Nartey in an interview with GNA denied that the court gave an order to the members to go back to work.

JUSAG last week threatened an indefinite strike over the need to review their salaries and allowances.

The members on Wednesday and Thursday, November 13 and 14, respectively started the action until the release on Thursday evening.

Meanwhile, the National Labour Commission deemed their action illegal.

Source: Ghana News Agency