Africa Day 2017 Celebration
WASHINGTON, June 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC) in Washington, DC came alive with music, dance and ceremony Thursday, May 25th in celebration of the 54th anniversary of Africa Day. Approximately six hundred attendees, representing the 55 countries of the African Union (AU) and the African Diaspora, observed in awe as the African Group of Ambassadors made a grand entrance into the atrium during a ceremony that began an evening of pageantry and joy. The evening was a culmination of day-long activities, which focused on AU’s commitment to investing in its most important natural resource, its youth.
LINK TO SHORT VIDEO: https://youtu.be/p8-qtPgwpXE
Evening highlights included:
- The Dean of the African Diplomatic Corps, H.E. Serge Mombouli, Ambassador of the Republic of Congo stated “Let us celebrate Africa Day 2017 by investing in African Youth–their success is the world’s success!”
- H.E. Arikana Chihombori Quao, the new Ambassador of the African Union Mission to the USA, remarked “supporting our youth—the future leaders–will provide a guarantee for sustainable peace, community stability and cohesion within the African countries.”
- The evening’s co-chair, H.E. Ambassador Mninwa Mahlangu, Ambassador of the Republic of South Africa, hopes “the AU will be able to transform Africa’s youth into an innovative and competitive labor force that will contribute to the economic growth of the continent.”
- Co-chair, H.E. Carlos dos Santos, Ambassador of the Republic of Mozambique, believes “Africa is positioned to becoming one of the biggest contributors of youth globally makingour responsibility to involve our youth more urgent.”
- State Department Peter Henry Barlerin, Acting Assistant Secretary for African Affairs, offered strong supportive remarks celebrating Africa’s importance in the world today.
- Andrew Gelfuso, Vice President, TCMA, RRB/ITC summed it up best, “Africa is on the move and we are thrilled for the first time in our history to be hosting the Africa Day celebrations!”
Exciting entertainment included the exhilarating Vivalda Dula, Angolan “Queen of Drum,” the popular Kweku Amoako (aka DJ Kweks) of Ghana; and lively Sahel Band representing African culture around the world!
The evening’s great success was due to the sponsors including Sasol (Double Platinum). Other platinum sponsors included Chevron, Exxon Mobile, Anardarko, Team South Africa (South African Airways, South African Tourism, Brand South Africa, and Wines of South Africa) and the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center. Silver Sponsors included Aetna,Caterpillar, Ethiopian Airlines and Sahouri Insurance. Diplomatic Duty Free Stores of New York, Drumpulse Entertainment were two of the most prominent Partners.
African Ambassadors Group (AAG) in Washington DC
The African Ambassadors Group are all African Ambassadors station in Washington, DC accredited to the United States of America.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC)
The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is a dynamic hub for government, business, commerce, and the community, in the heart of the nation’s capital. As the first and only federal building dedicated to both public and private use, the Reagan Building is DC’s premier venue for hosting influential conferences and events and as the World Trade Center Washington, DC, offers a powerful forum for international trade promotion. It is the place where leaders come to lead, where nations and cultures come to connect, and where events matter. Visit www.itcdc.com.
About TCMA (A Drew Company)
TCMA is the exclusive manager of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC). TCMA’s team excels in delivering unparalleled service and expertise in Real-Estate Development, Leasing, Building Operations, Hospitality Services, and International Trade Promotion. For more information, please visit www.drewcompany.com.
CAPE TOWN, South Africa, July 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — World-renowned electronics manufacturer, Hisense, has recently announced the launch of the newest generation of U5120G Soundbar in South Africa. Available from June 29th at Takealot, Tafelburg, HiFi Corp, and Hirsch’s, the powerful and easy-to-use U5120G Soundbar will retail for R7999 and is expected to be a […]
Cette lettre amusante vise à transformer la pomme du péché originel en collation originelle et à attirer l’attention sur l’importance d’une bonne alimentation pour tous SINGAPOUR, 1er juillet 2022 /PRNewswire/ — La calamité du péché originel (et le rôle qu’y a joué la pomme) est indéniablement le désastre de relations publiques le plus catastrophique auquel les fruits […]
LUSAKA, Zambia, July 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — UnionPay International (UPI) today proudly announces a new partnership with National Association of Savings and Credit Unions (NASCU), the apex organisation for all financial cooperatives in Zambia, to issue UnionPay debit Card. This new partnership empowers rural and urban savings groups, village banking, and other forms of cooperative society […]
The lighthearted letter looks to update the apple from Original Sin to Original Snack, and shine the global spotlight on the importance of good nutrition for all SINGAPORE, July 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The calamity of original sin – and the apple’s role in it – is undeniably the most catastrophic PR disaster fruit has […]
NAIROBI, Kenya, 30 juin 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Les appareils de forage XCMG (SHE:000425), y compris les XR400, XR400E et XR360, sont déployés sur de multiples projets de construction pour soutenir le développement des infrastructures locales de transport public et de génie hydraulique. « XCMG s’engage à fournir des technologies de construction avancées et des équipements de construction haut […]
Norway to become first European nation to share its vessel tracking information on Global Fishing Watch map Lisbon, Portugal, June 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Norway has become the first country in Europe to partner with Global Fishing Watch—an international nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing ocean governance through increased transparency—and will share its vessel tracking […]