Injured Raonic withdraws from US Open

New York, Milos Raonic on Wednesday joined the growing list of US Open pullouts as the Canadian withdrew with a wrist injury.

Raonic said he had been unable to heal the problem which limited him to one match at his home event in Montreal this month; he then withdrew from the Cincinnati Masters last week.

“I have tried everything in my power to rehabilitate this injury in time for the US Open… However, I am left with no option but to withdraw from the event,” the 26-year-old said on Instagram.

With the Open starting on Monday, Raonic joined Novak Djokovic, Stan Wawrinka and Kei Nishikori, who will not play the final major of the season. The latter three have all shut down their seasons early and will not play again until next January.

Source: Ghana News Agency