Accra, March 12, GNA – The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) says its preliminary investigation has shown that the alleged “soldiers” involved in anti-sand winning operation using a military vehicle in Kasoa in the Central Region are not military officers.
A statement issued by Colonel Emmanuel Aggrey-Quashie, the Director Public Relations, GAF, copied to the Ghana News Agency, said the attention of the GAF had been drawn to media reports of the arrest of some alleged soldiers in a military vehicle at Kasoa in the Central Region for seizing money, tools and keys of vehicles from sand winners.
“Our preliminary investigation shows that the alleged suspects were not soldiers of GAF,” it said.
“However, one of the suspects, Isaac Appiah Kubi, a civilian driver of GAF took advantage of the military vehicle in his possession to assist his accomplices in the criminal act.”
The statement said the GAF viewed Kubi’s action as very reprehensible and would take steps to discipline him in line with GAF regulations.
“We wish to also reassure the public that GAF will assist the Civil Police in their investigations into this case and any member of staff be uniformed personnel or civilian employee found culpable would be dealt with according to our regulations.”
Source: Ghana News Agency