Ablekuma North Municipal Assembly seeks to ensure cleanliness

Accra, The Ablekuma North Municipal Assembly is embarking upon a weekly clean-up exercise to get rid of filth in communities.

This is in line with President Nana Akufo Addo’s vision of ensuring that Accra becomes the cleanest city in Africa.

This was among a number of consensus reached between the assembly and assembly members from the seven electoral areas in the municipality and other stakeholders in the area.

Mr Kofi Ofori, the Municipal Chief Executive, said since assuming office about two months ago, his major pre-occupation had been the indiscriminate dumping of garbage on the streets in the municipality.

He said the practice was unacceptable and cautioned that, anyone caught dumping garbage at unauthorized areas will be made to face the law.

Mr Ofori said very soon the assembly will embark upon a house to house inspection of toilet facilities and urged every house to own one.

He said the government has a program to assist every house to get a toilet facility by paying 60 per cent of the cost of construction, with landlords paying the remaining 40 per cent and urged landlords to take up the offer.

Mr Ofori called for the re-engineering of most of the drains in the municipality to forestall the perennial flooding in the communities anytime there was a heavy downpour.

He appealed to traditional rulers in the municipality to release land to the assembly to provide lorry parks, markets, community libraries and fire service stations in the various communities.

He cautioned gambling outlets in the municipality not to allow school children below the age of 18 years into their centres and warned that any business centre which flouted the directives would be sanctioned.

Alhaji Shehu Awudu Kadiri, the Municipal Co-Ordinating Director, said the doors of the assembly were open to all for assistance at all times.

He urged people who had issues seeking for redress to approach him or any of the departmental heads for help.

Source: Ghana News Agency

   

Related Posts

Ablekuma North Municipal Assembly seeks to ensure cleanliness

Accra, The Ablekuma North Municipal Assembly is embarking upon a weekly clean-up exercise to get rid of filth in communities.

This is in line with President Nana Akufo Addo’s vision of ensuring that Accra becomes the cleanest city in Africa.

This was among a number of consensus reached between the assembly and assembly members from the seven electoral areas in the municipality and other stakeholders in the area.

Mr Kofi Ofori, the Municipal Chief Executive, said since assuming office about two months ago, his major pre-occupation had been the indiscriminate dumping of garbage on the streets in the municipality.

He said the practice was unacceptable and cautioned that, anyone caught dumping garbage at unauthorized areas will be made to face the law.

Mr Ofori said very soon the assembly will embark upon a house to house inspection of toilet facilities and urged every house to own one.

He said the government has a program to assist every house to get a toilet facility by paying 60 per cent of the cost of construction, with landlords paying the remaining 40 per cent and urged landlords to take up the offer.

Mr Ofori called for the re-engineering of most of the drains in the municipality to forestall the perennial flooding in the communities anytime there was a heavy downpour.

He appealed to traditional rulers in the municipality to release land to the assembly to provide lorry parks, markets, community libraries and fire service stations in the various communities.

He cautioned gambling outlets in the municipality not to allow school children below the age of 18 years into their centres and warned that any business centre which flouted the directives would be sanctioned.

Alhaji Shehu Awudu Kadiri, the Municipal Co-Ordinating Director, said the doors of the assembly were open to all for assistance at all times.

He urged people who had issues seeking for redress to approach him or any of the departmental heads for help.

Source: Ghana News Agency

   

Related Posts